5.10.2012

Urban Rebounding aka Trampoline Class

I can easily think back to the pure, carefree fun I felt while jumping on a trampoline as a kid. Little did I know that a trampoline could still create that same feeling in my adult life. Last night I joined my friend Lauren at the New York Health & Racquet Club for the Urban Rebounding class. The name sounded a little intimidating and as I entered the room I had no idea what to expect. The room was filled with about 50 people of all different ages. The class was 45 minutes long and the entire time was spent on your personal trampoline. At first I thought it was going to be silly and I doubted I would even break a sweat. Boy was I wrong! Besides the class being super challenging and an amazing workout it was PURE FUN. The energy was high and everyone was so into it with lots of yelling and cheering taking place.  

I left the class feeling great. On my walk home I was chatting with my mom telling her how I just did my one FUN thing for the day and I couldn't stop laughing. I was freakishly giddy and didn't know what came over me. She said all the bouncing must have boosted my serotonin. She was definitely right. Today I looked up the benefits of trampoline exercise and was blown away. The rebounding motion strengthens your whole body from inside and out, puts zero stress on your joints and is linked with helping depression. I totally believe this. During the class I would just find myself smiling and laughing. The jumping also stimulates the lymphatic system which is crucial in maintaining a strong immune system. The gravitational force helps your cell become stronger. The trampoline has been around forever but doesn't have the trend appeal like some other classes/exercises. Add some bounce to your day, you won't be disappointed.

nyhrc.com/


Say hi to Lauren!!! 

2 comments: