5.13.2012

Inspire Now with Tamy - Thinking Of My Mom

On Mother's Day I am thinking of all the women in my life, and the first that comes to mind is my mother. She was a rare jewel and I was so very fortunate to be surrounded by such a bright light growing up. She would hug everyone and always brightened up a room when she entered. My friends from childhood and college still mention getting hugged by my mother when they would see her. She was one of those souls who now I know for sure was blessed with a happiness gene, no searching, it was just her natural state. She woke up every morning singing and smiling, a true born optimist. I remembered being so irritated with her jubilance at certain points in my life. She naturally diverted her attention to the positive. I had to teach myself to become this way. I definitely won the jackpot in life with my mother. She never criticized me and was the epitome of a mother who encouraged, never yelled or became frustrated. She always made me feel special and would light up whenever I came into the door.

Of course, when my daughters were born, she was the best grandmother you could imagine. To this day, Lauren will tear up when we talk about my mother. She left us all much too soon, yet left such an amazing legacy to me of which I have passed to my daughters. As you all know, my girls are as beautiful on the inside as they are the outside. Life has had challenging times but one of my greatest gifts has been starting my life with my exceptional mother. Again I was gifted with another beautiful daughter when I married my husband Bob. 

Today I am not only thinking of my mom but all the women in my life who've been a support to me from my daughters to good friends and colleagues. As women we all have the gift of nurturing, loving and being supportive of one another. 
My Girls
My Beautiful Mom with Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Tamy!!! Love to you today, and every day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tonya!!! Miss you and hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your mom.

    ReplyDelete