4.02.2012

Take a Deep Breath Already

Day in and day out I never feel like I am taking meaningful, deep breaths. In yoga class I'm the only one breathing silently. Whenever I call my mom feeling stressed the first question she asks is, "Are you breathing?". Or if I call her late at night worked up about something she immediately has me lie down and take deep breaths in and out. Breathing is a quick and simple way to calm down and reduce stress. This is something I need to work on and starting today I'm making a pact to begin and end each day by taking deep breaths. 

My mom recommends a breathing technique from Tony Robbins. 
Breathe using this ratio:
In order to notice a difference he recommends doing this ten times, three times a day. To remind myself to breathe deeply I am going to post sticky-notes and set up calendar reminders with the word “breathe” in my apartment and at the office.



2 comments: