4.24.2012

InspireNow with Tamy - The Power to Choose



It has been a couple of emotionally powerful weeks for our family. As you all read about Lauren and Eric's trip abroad complete with earthquake and a very real Tsunami scare, I experienced a 4:00am wake up call from my beautiful daughter who was in Phuket, running and telling me she loved me. This tested every bit of strength I was gifted with in this life. I found myself walking in circles thinking the worst. I had to shake myself from going to a negative place. No matter what happens we all have the power within ourselves to shift our thoughts. I actively made myself focus on positive scenarios, to assist her and Eric, instead of contributing to the rising fear. I focused on a positive visual of Lauren and Eric in the Keys with our entire family together. We were all laughing around the dinner table enjoying a delicious meal that Eric had just whipped up. Over and over during the six hour time period until we knew they were out of the woods I would coax my mind back to a positive place.


The power to choose is ours in every situation. As I write this post I am in the Keys at my father's magical home on the ocean. He has been very recently diagnosed with lung cancer. I choose now to see all the gifts my father has bestowed on me and my wonderful daughters. I was talking to my husband, Bob, about Lauren and Eric's recent adventure and said that the gift of wonder and excitement for exploring the world comes from my father. He is a soulful man who loves to sail the ocean and has always had such wonder for life. My father would take me beach combing in the eye of a storm. His outlook was put on a rain jacket, we are going exploring. He never held me back or put fear in me but instead gave me a sense of go forth and see the world. And that sense has been passed on to all my girls -- you see it in their eyes. Thank you Dad for the gift of wonderment of the world which shines brightly in all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this encouraging entry. Thanks Tamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great feedback and for following our blog.

    ReplyDelete