6.21.2012

Being Casual in Connecticut

Living in the city I long for space, outdoors, fresh air and greenery. Sometimes I find myself dreaming of what it would be like to live outside the city. New York City is surrounded by beautiful suburbs that are so close yet seem worlds away. I have lived in NYC for 4 years and have yet to explore Connecticut. Ironically, I often include us living in a gorgeous home in Connecticut on my universe list so it was about time I saw what it was all about. Last Saturday we went to Darien to visit our friends Kelly and Drew who moved there earlier this year. Connecticut surpassed my expectations. When driving around Darien it felt like it was out of a storybook with picture perfect tree-lined streets and happy families everywhere. We ate lunch outside while watching paddle boarders in the Long Island Sound, went to the beach and had a delicious dinner at Artisan in Southport. We will see where the future takes us!




Shirt: Zara, Jeans: Zara, Shoes: Via Spiga, Necklace: costume jewelry from my grandma, Bracelet: Taylor & Tessier taylorandtessier.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren,

    This is beautiful!!! So happy to see you finding your chi...you are glowing. Your posts are fun, inspiring/uplifting, and refreshing. My mom always said she and your mom were in sync and judging by her posts it still is the case. Send my regards to your family especially your grandpa. The 2 trips I joined to the Keys were very memorable. Does he still have the fish conditioned to come up for feeding time with the rock? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia - thanks for your nice message. It is so great to hear from you. Growing up I always loved spending time at your house. It was full of warmth, love and all around good energy. You and your family have the biggest hearts. You look so happy and I love seeing your pics and what you are up to. My mom said to give your mom a big hug! When we are down in Florida next it would be fun to get together. Yes the fish are still coming up to the dock (manatees and iguanas too!). xoxo

    ReplyDelete