3.28.2012

Rhodiolia - The Real Deal

Rhodiolia Rosea
When I arrived to my mom's house in Aspen for the XMAS holiday she could immediately tell I brought the energy of the city to her mountain retreat. I confided that I had been feeling stressed/anxious and was having trouble sleeping. She instantly recommended that I start taking the super herb, Rhodiolia Rosea. Similar to some of the benefits of St.John's Wort it helps with a variety of things - strengthens the nervous system, fights depression & stress, enhances immunity, increases physical endurance, boosts memory, weight reduction and improves energy levels. At first I was skeptical (as I sometimes am with my mother's remedies) but almost immediately I felt a difference. I (and my entire family) have been taking it ever since and I can't recommend it enough.

Take 1 to 2 300 mg pills each morning. This is the brand I recommend:

http://www.vitacost.com/new-chapter-rhodiola-force-300-300-mg-30-vegetarian-capsules


Rhodiolia's healing history goes way back - the Vikings depended on the herb to enhance their physical strength and endurance, the Chinese called it "the golden root" and athletes have long used it attain peak performance http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-rhodiola.html

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting this now!!!!!!!!!!! Love mom and all her potions and remedies!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You will notice a change. So many of my friends/colleagues are taking it now and Eric swears by it! Whole Foods also sells it.

    ReplyDelete